When visiting this website, statistical analyses may be made of your surfing behaviour. This happens primarily using cookies and analytics. The analysis of your surfing behaviour is usually anonymous, i.e. I will not be able to identify you from this data. You can object to this analysis or prevent it by not using certain tools.
When you visit the Site, I automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, I collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. This automatically-collected information is referred to as “Device Information.”
I collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information, such as your name, email address, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers or banking details), phone number and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information for a custom order of jewellery, for example.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties, such as delivery companies & PayPal, to perform functions and provide services to my shop. In this case I use Royal Mail unless requested otherwise. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- My website host, Wix – you can read more about how Wix uses your Personal Information here: https://wix.com/legal/privacy
- Google Analytics – analytics are used to help me understand how my customers use my site, you can read more about how Goggle uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy. You can also opt-out Google Analytics here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I do send my jewellery to those residing outside of the UK. As a result, your personal information, such as your address, will be used by the delivery company in that jurisdiction and with whom Royal Mail has an agreement. Please see your delivery company’s data policy if you have any concerns.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. If you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Marnie Millington, am the data controller of your personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me using the contact form above or at firstname.lastname@example.org